One Word



Jenny from Denton Sanatorium challenged her readers to describe themselves with one word, a la Eat, Love, Pray.  I have had a few days to wrestle with this one.  Of course during those few days some major things took place.  While Rich recovers and we wait completely agitated ever so patiently for the compressor to be delivered I started to think of words...hoping to narrow it down.

"Mom" came to mind.  I am a mom.  A mom covers many many avenues.  We are doctor's, lawyers, therapists, nurses, maids, chefs, short order cooks, taxi drivers, teachers, referees, the list goes on and on.  But as much as I love my kids, "Mom" does not define who I am.  I am not strong, tho there are those who would say otherwise.  I have had people describe me as:  calm/easy-going.  Well thank you, but you don't live with me.  I can do a 180 in less than 5 seconds.  And it ain't pretty!

So I thought of taking the easy way out...hmmm maybe "cheater" would be my word then.  I asked Rich.  First he asks, "Is this for a blog?"  And that response is another blog in and of itself!  After some consideration he told me, "faithful" described me.  It covered a lot of things.  I thought of Old Faithful in Yellowstone.  What an awesome piece of nature.    I said, "Loyal"  I am confident in that word.  It suits me...but then later that day as I sat on the floor at the top of the stairs....waiting for my son to do his business as mothers do...the word that is me in a nutshell came to me.  It was spot on.

Dreamer

I am indeed a dreamer.  My parents both say, "dreams are free."  I love to dream and pretend.  I love to dream up my next blog.  I love to dream how my kids will turn out. I love to dream about days past when I was a kid laying in the grass staring at the sky.  Dreams are where we begin things that are yet to be.  Dreams are places we visit when we just want to check out for a minute or three.  I am a dreamer.  There are other dreamers.  Walt Disney was a dreamer.  JK Rowling is a dreamer.  Thomas Edison was a dreamer.  Without these dreamers where would we be?  I am a dreamer.
What is your word?

Comments

Nicole said…
I love that you're a dreamer! I don't know my word...hmmm. maybe "explore" would be the right one...ooo i want to write on this now! :)
mormonhermitmom said…
Ooooh. That's a tough one, as it changes from day to day. How about "nuts"?
Emmy said…
Oh that is good. I think my word might be a creator. I literally created children, but I like to find projects and ideas for my kids, I love to create beautiful pictures through photography. Even with dinner I want to create something everyone will enjoy.
Cheeseboy said…
... Well you're not the only one.

I like that description. It is kind of all encompassing. Dreamers almost always equate to creative minds. As a teacher, I appreciate that.
jen said…
Excellent! I wish this was one of my words. I don't dream very often. I find myself being to practically minded and the dreamy part of me rarely surfaces.
I loved this challenge. Hope you did too!
Susan Anderson said…
Good one! I'm a bit of a dreamer myself, but can't quite claim the word. I'm actually more of a hoper.

=)
Kellie said…
That was a beautiful post. Mine would be "warrior".
Jamie said…
I throughly enjoyed this post, and wish I could claim a little more of this for myself. It's not part of my makeup, but reading your post makes me long--just a little---until the practical side of me says to hurry up, 'cause my time's almost up on blogland tonight!
karen said…
Dreams are good. Without dreams, you'd have no idea what to reach for, or where to start. If you can dream it, you can make it happen.
Liz Mays said…
I wish I was more of a dreamer, but I tend to be a realist. And my realism is based on pessimism. Geez, I'm a loser!

But you're not! Happy Birthday, Lourie!!!!!
Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday!
KK said…
Probably nice, I'm pathologically nice even when people are mean. Ugh!

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead