Quantum Leap


In 1989 a new series started called: Quantum Leap. Does anyone remember this show? A scientist, Dr. Sam Beckett, was head a of time travel expirament that in a word, went a little "ca-ca." The theory Sam had was that your life is like a string and if you put it in a ball all the days of your life would touch each other causing the "quantum leap" effect. His rule was you could only travel within your lifetime. When project funding was at risk he stepped into the project "exhilarator" and vanished. Nobody knew where he was. When he woke up he was in the past, but not his. He was in the body of another person. It turns out, since he was messing with time, God or "something" has caused him to put right things that once went wrong. The only link to his time was the project observer, Al. Al could appear to Sam in the form of a hologram that only Sam could see and hear. So sometimes, Sam looks like he is talking to himself! It was a fantastic show. I loved it. I miss it. So why am I bringing it up? I am glad you asked!

You are now part of my time travel expirament. Unlike, Dr. Becket, you will not be forced to live in my body, but instead live viacariously through me as you spend five years in the life of me!

Oct. 11, 2003
On this day, I was not complaining about being a mom to my girls ages 3 and 6.Sleeping Beauty and Kim Possible--Halloween 03

Instead I was wishing I could lose the 15 pounds I had gained. Oh if only that was ALL I had to lose! I digress. I had been talking to my sister about dieting, and politely pointed out to her that was pushing 40. Well my goodness how time flies! I was so silly thinking I was sooo far away from it myself. It was then I was reminded of my Grandma Jo. I referred to her as a wild woman. No, she didn't ride a Harley or anything. No tatoos. But, she did have her ears double pierced!

One thing my grandma never was, was an old lady. She had horrible arthritis in her knees and had them both replaced at the same time thank you very much! From the time I can remember she could not get around very well. She always had trouble. I remember wondering why she moved that way. Now I simply think, oh my how she must have hurt. I never heard her complain. She did not let that stop her. She did stuff. She went on trips. She played bridge. She made ceramic figures. She palyed golf with her sister. She even gambled--just the slots. See! She was a wild woman. I loved her zest for life. It kept her young in spirit. On this day in 2003, I proclaimed that I wanted to be like her. I still do. I want that same zest and energy for life. She was a neat lady.
Grandpa Shelton and Grandma Jo--1978

Comments

Emmy said…
I remember Quantum Leap, I loved that show!
This was a great tribute. I only got to meet her a couple of times, but yes even at the end she did not seem old.
mormonhermitmom said…
Grandmas are awesome. I remember that show, but my Mom was the real fan.
Rachel Sue said…
Totally loved that show! I wonder what it would be like to go back in my life like that. . .
Carolynn said…
I wish I was more like your grandma Jo too. She was and still is an inspiration to me. She always said nice things and you are right, she was always on the go. She was a great mom and a wonderful grandma.

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead