When Live Throws You Spark Plugs

If you remember yesterday's post, you remember that I said I had a meeting with Emily's IEP teacher.  My morning was busy as usual.  I got everyone where they needed to be.  I came home and read a few blogs before heading out to my appointment.  I even had time to put on make up!  I know, right!
I was driving along just as nice as can be and after I turned a corner, I heard it.  The sound that only a flat tire can make.  At first I thought maybe I drifted onto the line and was hitting reflectors.  Nope.  Steady as she goes.  Nobody was honking wildly at me to get my attention.  I turned down the next street and pulled over as soon as I could.
I could literally hear the air hissing out.  It is good I pulled over.  I think I prevented a full blow out.  I thought that was a big ginormous screw.  After making some phone calls, and getting my nephew there.  He told me otherwise...
A spark plug!  I kept that bad boy.  It's my trophy.  I am even trying to think of something artsy fartsy to do with it.  There is a story there!  My husband has a spark plug on plaque.  There is a story there too.  But this is my story.  *ahem*

See the hole?  My nephew said when the car was jacked up, he could actually hear the air being pushed back IN.  He tried to get me to hear it.  Sorry kid.  My ears don't work that great anymore.  I will take your word for it!  That is a big hole!  This not going to be fixable.  Ever wonder what $191.11 looks like?  Wonder no more....I will show you...

There you go.  For your viewing pleasure.  Some good did come out of all of this.  It just so happened that our CA return came in yesterday.  It's pretty much gone now.  However, without it we would have been up s**t creek.  My nephew was off from work and Rich didn't have to worry about me.  I was taken care of.  Oh and I got new shoes...
OH I WISH!!!!!!  I only drooled over these.  Aren't they yummy???  Found them at Kohl's.  They were actually comfy.  Who knew.  And in my size.  Yes!  But no, I didn't buy these.  I bought tennis shoes.  Okay they are called toning shoes.  They are sooo comfy when I walk.  And not super ugly.  Kind of cute.  Grey with hot pink highlights.  I bought pink cheetah print shoelaces for them.  So it wasn't all bad.  Plus the weather was gorgeous.

How was your day?

Comments

Macey said…
That spark plug is freaking nasty! I can't believe it got that far into your tire.
Yay for new shoes!
Nicole said…
Holy cow, I'd have never guessed a spark plug could do that. We were hauling our horse trailer (actually dad's trailer) on Saturday and when we got home I heard air rushing out of it. At least we made it home and I have no idea what was wrong with it.
Urban Earthworm said…
That spark plug thing is CRAZY!

And the weather here today was also GORGEOUS.

Love the shoes.
Emmy said…
That really just sucks! So did you make it to te meeting or just have to reschedule? Sorry that happened.
Liz Mays said…
Comfort before fashion, right? And DANG! I can't believe that spark plug got ya!
mormonhermitmom said…
I don't get that! How does a spark plug even get in the tread let alone puncture a tire like that?
Christina Lee said…
WOW! hey I can turn that into a necklace for you (Heh heh)!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead