I'm Really A Neat Freak

Photobucket

  • I am a total neat freak.  And I have a come a long way.  I am no longer concerned with order and neatness.  I can finally let things go.  In other words, my house is messy.  But I have kids.  And a husband who is more pack rat than I am.  And that is saying something.
  • I am looking forward to getting my new glasses.  I will be able to see better.  Seeing is awesome.
  • I do have little quirks though.  I have two sets of plates.  They can't be mixed.  They have to be with their friends.  When I am lucky enough to have cash in my wallet, the bills must be in sequential order and all facing the same direction.
  • I fold my towels a specific way.  The bath towels are folded in thirds, the hand towels are folded in half lengthwise and then in half again--this way it is ready to hang straight from the cupboard.  
  • I load the dishwasher a specific way.  I think we all do this.  But let's face it, all dish washers are not created equal and therefore require a special pattern for the assembly of the dishes.
  • My quirks aside, I am not really neat.  I wish I was smidgen neater than I am. But then...I have kids.
I feel so much better now that I have come clean once again.  Come and join the confession party with Glamazon and Mamarazzi!


Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
I could probably never have children - I feel like when I'm babysitting or when I was a preschool teacher, I'd follow the kids around and pick up behind them! Interestingly enough, my house is a mess...

Something about wanting parents to see a sparkling clean room I guess!

Happy Friday!
Emmy said…
Lol love this post. It is just back and forth between your little obsessive neat tendencies and then the fact that well with kids it just doesn't happen.
Macey said…
LOL! This is me. I had those too and now I definitely don't. I tried but it made me TIRED!
VandyJ said…
My kids are my excuse for a cluttered house--it's kept relatively clean, just cluttered. Our other excuse is we live in our house.
Nicole said…
Hey at least you fold your laundry... my in-laws were over this week helping us lay carpet and before they left, they folded my clothes for me :)
Cheeseboy said…
If you were my neighbor, I'd definitely have you over to load our laundry, dishwasher, etc. I have to warn you, there might be one or two things that humankind has never seen in there.
Linda Medrano said…
i'm a little compulsive over some things, others not so much. I used to be much neater before I had big dogs and a husband. Now I overlook thing that would have driven me crazy years ago.
I drive myself CRAZY trying to be a neat freak...I tell ya everyday it's a battle and I am EXHAUSTED lol When I do interviews with Parents I tell them up front my DayCare is named "kids-n-progress" cause we are always into something.

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead