Today I am linking up with my bestie Emmy to share 5 thoughts and 5 pictures. It's a great way to summarize the week and share those random thoughts that pop into my brain.
1. My personal break from school came to an end this week. I cherish the two weeks I get each year. I am in my last year of school and I feel the senioritis kicking in. I want to be DONE. This week the instructor used two videos as part of his instruction (all of my school is online) and one of the videos I had already seen from a previous course. Yeah I skipped that one. The other one was far more helpful to the topic at hand.
2. Raise your hand if your kids get three weeks for Christmas break. Yes...three. This last week has been torture. You would think it would be easy because they have their new toys from Christmas. However, it's quite the opposite. While my 15 y/o is perfectly capable of entertaining herself. My 10 y/o needs movement and entertainment, plus add to that feelings of anxiety he is harboring about returning to school. It's been a rough week.
3. I am a Primary teacher for my church. In my church the children ages 3-11 are in an auxiliary program called primary and the teachers (such as myself) are asked to volunteer their services to teach the children.The age group I have been assigned are the 9 year olds. I just started this month. We shall see how it goes.
4. Earthquakes are not fun. That is all.
5. I actually got into an argument with my son this morning about whether or not it was winter. I assured him if it were in fact Spring it would be a lot warmer. Here in Southern California we have two seasons: Summer and Not Summer. Right now I am perfectly content with the 50 and below temps because in just a few short weeks we will be right back up to triple digits.
My son loves bow ties. My BIL gave him a REAL one for Christmas. I have never even tied a real tie let alone a bow tie. I did pretty good! Plus he is a handsome kid.
Ringing in the new year complete with noisy noise makers. Funny how the noisy noise makers hit the trash immediately after midnight!!
There is so much wrong with this cake! The pink elephants look like pink turds. "Happy New YAHHH" ???? It's too much...this was clearly a mistake and they were trying to get rid of it while still making a profit.
It rained for two days straight. That was a big deal here. A very big deal. In fact on Wednesday while I was at Wal-Mart everyone's phones kept going off for flash flood warnings including my own.
It's a strange fascination for kids. I never wanted to sleep in the living room. Give me my own bed! Kids are funny.