Off to School

Yesterday was the first day school.  It was a little bittersweet.  It sucked that the teachers had to take the cuts(as well the kids) but it was nice that the kids got an extra 3 weeks.  It allowed extra beach trips, swim days, and lazy days for the kids.

A part of me felt a little melancholy about the fact that they are not only getting older but they are in such different places.

Ryan is leaving little kidom behind and moving into his tween years.  He is gaining independence littl by little.  When I offered to go with him to drop him off, he said I could just drop him off at the gate.  My heart died a little.  But I let him be a man.  He already won't let me hug him publicly. But he will hold my hand at least.

Emily has surprised me this year.  She went into 7th grade daring anyone to stop her.  And I see a very interesting year ahead for her.  She is taking drama this year.  She has developed a very strong interest in it.  It can do that little lamb wonders.

Kristin went in a little timidly.  But after her first day, she realized it was all good.  I think (at first) it was a bit scary as she is realizing she is growing and moving upward and onward.  Today she has her drama class.  I think she will be beyond excited. Plus yesterday in her history class she discovered a "hottie."

Yesterday was quiet and weird.  Today it is still quiet, and a little less weird.  I hope and pray for a successful year for each of my children.  Both academically and socially.


Comments

mormonhermitmom said…
We all hope our kids have better experiences than we did, don't we? Especially in the upper grades. Thank heaven kids are resilient (at least that's what I keep telling myself). :)
Nicole said…
Yey for Emily and I forget, what grade is Kristin in?
Emmy said…
Yes, if it had just been Lucas he probably would have told me just to drop him off, but because of Alex we walked in. I hope they all have a great year.
Urban Earthworm said…
Those are some intimidating ages, but you're obviously doing a great job. I failed to take a first day picture of Punky. I may have to just do a 1st week picture...

Sorry I've been away. I'm finally getting things together again, and I'm glad to be back!
Macey said…
I hate school. I've said it before, it's like beating a dead horse now. LOL
Also, I think it's bs that schools take ANY cuts...we pay a helluva lot of taxes so the stupid beuracrats need to stop spending the money on themselves and give it to the schools where it belongs!
Liz Mays said…
I hope the year will be wonderful for them as well! Sounds like a pretty good start!
Digital Act said…
I enjoyyed reading this

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead