Really Random,But Not Really

It was my birthday!  And I made an event out of it.  Friday I went to Zumba like always, but I got to wear my new Zumba skirt!
My mom wrote, "Happy Birthday, Lourie K" on the white board and our instructor put me in the middle of the room and the warm-up was done around me to "Happy Birthday" in both English and Spanish.  It was fun.

I got the AC in my van fixed.

Rich took me out for Chinese food!  It was soo very good....which is exactly what I told my BF Lorraine.  And so imagine my surprise, when during Relief Society, I received this text message...
Turns out it was Lorraine's MOM!  See Lorraine was sending group messages of pictures of her new house.  And one of them was her mom.  Her mom some how got the message from me that simply said, "It was sooo good!"  We had a good laugh over it.  And hey, I learned how to do a screen shot with my iPhone!

Saturday we cleaned!  And I mean cleaned!  We gutted this place.  I made myself sore from working so hard.  I ordered pizza and had absolutely zero guilt.  I couldn't have done it without my mom there pushing helping us along.  My house looks better and 90% of the toys have been relocated. Nice!

Sunday was my party!  I have one picture...hahaha...
My littlest party guest

Party goers ranged in age from one month to nearly 70.  We had 15 people here...that's counting those little people.  I only took two pictures with my camera and for some annoying reason, they didn't save to the memory card.  So this is the one picture I got.  So who got all the pictures?  My sister and Emmy.  I am waiting....

What did I get....???

From my Mom:  Spending Cash!  With explicit instructions to only spend it on MYSELF!

From my aunt:  a specially made pillow case just for yours truly

From my sis:  ROBIN HOOD:  PRINCE OF THIEVES with Kevin Costner...extended edition.  boo-yah! 

From my kids and hubby:  earrings, new cover for my iPhone and shields, and a new shirt.

From my bestie:  funny cups with sayings on them like:  You Have No Idea!  Already started using them!  Cute dusting slippers...you know you put them on and shuffle on the floor.  And poof the floor is clean. I used them too!  I have a marble floor entry.  And then pedi set to treat my feet.  Have I done this yet? Haha.  No.  Silly me!  I will!  I deserve it!

What did my cake look like??  No cake!  We had hot fudge sundaes.  And they were amazing!  Homemade fudge sauce.  I now have to face the music...scale.  All in all it was great.  And I am looking forward to next month when I get to see Emmy again.  We are going shopping and out to eat for her birthday!!  Woot.

What do you do for you birthday?

Comments

Emmy said…
Doh! Gotta get you those pictures- need to get them off of my camera first :). It was a fun party and so looking forward to our shopping celebration! Glad you made it a birthday weekend- and the place looked great.
Anonymous said…
Happy (belated) Birthday!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the hot fudge sundae idea ... I'm a sucker for ice cream cake myself!
Linda Medrano said…
Uh, Lourie, that's a mighty short skirt. In fact, it looks like shorts to me, but I'm just sayin...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday! Congrats!
Liz Mays said…
You make me laugh because if that had happened to me in the class, I would have been way too embarrassed!

Your littlest guest was darling!!! I'm glad you had such a nice party!
Macey said…
Sounds like you had a great day!
Nicole said…
awww sending you lots of love and a big Happy Birthday to you Lourie!!! Sounds like it was an amazing day with a great party! and lol I love it when messages get mixed up funny like that:)

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead