Who Doesn't Like Free???


When you see the word, "Free" does your heart get all aflutter?  Do you immediately go to whatever it is that is "free?"  I think in these times, the word "free" has even more power.  This morning as I checked my email, which I always do.  I receive promos from all kinds of places.  One of them is Toys R Us.  Today's promo caught my eye right away.  "Get a FREE ticket for TOY STORY 3-D"  Score!  Tell me how!  Here's how:  Join TRU on Facebook.  I can do that.  Then spend $25 or more on any TOY STORY product at TRU and receive your free movie ticket.  It's a "$7.50" value.  Seriously? 

How dumb do they HOPE we are???  Is this going to drum up business somehow?  I mean I could just state the obvious here and say I could buy three movie tickets for that $25 spent at Toys R Us.  But that just makes sense.  And why would I want to do that? 

So I guess it is true, "there is no such thing as a free lunch."  What are some "deals" and "freebies" you've come across?

Comments

Emmy said…
yes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. If you were already going to buy some Toy Story toys than it is a good deal.

We got a "free nights stay in Vegas" after we listened to a long time share promotion.
Christina Lee said…
sigh, yeah. I would only be interested if I HAD to buy something there already. It wouldn't "compel" me to otherwise!
Ronnica said…
Yeah, pretty sure spending $25 is NOT better than spending $7.50.

That said, I'd gladly to pay to see Toy Story 3 in the theater (possibly the only movie I will see in the theater this year). Scratch that...I'm visiting my parents in 2 weeks, I'll let them take me. ;) I may be 27, but my parents still think taking your children to the theater is an excuse to see a kids' movie!
I've already got my FREE tickets. To summarize I bought 6 movies {2 Princess & Frog DVDs, 2 Toy Story DVDs, and 2 Toy Story 2 DVDs) paid $28 out of pocket (yeah I had some coupons), took the free tickets out of 4 of the movie cases, then sold the movies as is on EBAY. In short I made $15 and got 4 free tickets.

My daughter has been asking, "Is it June 18th yet?" every day since the beginning of April.
The Drama Mama said…
I have to agree that some of these "freebies" are downright insane.
Shelley said…
I hate that!! You have to be careful not to be a sucker with those things and thing common sense. Like "wait..why would I spend 25 to save 7.50? Why not save myself money and just see the movie?" Duh! Ugh. But I bet people do fall for it or they wouldn't try, right?
Lee said…
So, my twin sistah from another mistah...I probably would have been dumb enough to do it!!
Tracie said…
I don't pay any attention to 'deals' these days because I always end up getting ripped off. We can't wait for this movie. I think my husband and I are more excited than the kids.
mormonhermitmom said…
Free? Hm. I think a local historic mill is having free hot dogs for kids to come play some pioneer games. I hate to see what kind of crowds THAT will produce.
KK said…
LOL! Plus $7.50 won't cover a 3D ticket here but I can't wait to see it!
Holly Lefevre said…
Where do movies only cost 7.50?

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead