But It's Not All Bad....


I hate doing laundry!! I mean actually hate it. No wait, I loathe it. Just to be clear, I HATE LAUNDRY. Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in some "Ground Hog Day" time warp where I keep washing, drying, folding and lugging around the same loads of laundry over and over. And just when I feel like I have made progress another basket has collected another load. And why is it that the dryer eats socks??? But it's not all bad. I do have a functioning washer and dryer. I don't have to drag it to my mom's...or worse a laundromat.

I hate homework. Man it sucks. Yeah I said that. It's terrible what these kids have to do. And let's not forget most of us have more than one in school and in some cases a little one disrupting the homework hour. But it's not all bad. The older they get the more likely they are to do it themselves. TV is okay once in a while to distract a little one. And a couple of cookies and milk doesn't hurt either.

I hate clutter. It's all around me. It suffocates me. Sometimes I have this fantasy where I just throw everything away. Poof! Be gone! I know I would never do that, but can you imagine??? A great big trash bag and you just go bananas. But it's not all bad. Sometimes we are lucky and we have people who help us. Emmy helped me out today by taking Ryan for a few hours so I could find my floors and get rid of some of that offending clutter. I have a long way to go, but thanks to her I made a nice dent.

I hate being tired. I hate how I wake up and I immediately want to go back to sleep. Now, I will admit that I do not go to bed early. No I am up til midnight most nights. Why do I torture myself? Because from 9PM I am finally able to sit and do what I want. Unfortunately I am usually so tired all I am willing to do is sit. But I refuse to go to bed at 9! Mostly because I would just wake up at 3AM anyway, but also because I have shows to watch! But it's not all bad. I have a set amount of time that is mine each night--under normal circumstances. I may be tired but that quiet me time keeps me mostly sane. Emphasis on the mostly.

I hate chocolate! You heard me! I hate it. I hate it because it knows my name. It calls me. It tells me how much it needs me and how much I need it. I listen. It tells me that a few nibbles is all I need and I will be happy. It says it won't cling to my hips, thighs or other areas. I believe it. But it's not all bad....after all it IS chocolate!!!

We have gripes. We are human. Some of them we can change(going to bed early) some of them we can not(laundry!) and some...well some we just have to accept defeat. (chocolate!)

Comments

Emmy said…
Glad I was able to help.. and yeah I totally surrendered to that chocolate bar you gave me yesterday... I ate the whole thing while watching DWS while the kids napped :)
I was really just going to eat a few squares... but then it was just magically gone!
mormonhermitmom said…
I'm with you there sister!
Laura Lynn said…
Ha Ha. I live near Hershey, PA and smell chocolate everyday!
I keep washing those blasted single socks in hopes they send out a magnetic attraction to its long lost mate. (It is fortunate we have less than 10 mateless socks.) I will let you know if it works out in the end.

You and me be peas in a pod. I have the worst time waking up in the morning. Last night I went to bed at 10 and I still couldn't open my eyes until 8.

I was thinking about calling Oprah up for a future episode she is having on clutter. It is that bad.
Anonymous said…
Oh, how could you hate chocolate? It's only calling your name because it wants you to be happy.

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead