Just Say Thank You

*Just a notice that I am doing this from my email.  My computer is having a major meltdown right down and I am doing what I can with what I have.*
When Kristin and I went to her friend's graduation, I brought my camera because I am a camera person and I was certain she would want pictures.  I got some good shots.  At least, I hoped I did as I couldn't tell if they were good, the sun was shinning and I couldn't see the image display. 
When I got home that night, I uploaded the pictures I took and started editing them.  I want a better program.  Yeah the one that costs a lot of money. I digress.  I did my magic with the one I have.  And the pictures came out looking..."decent."  I quickly uploaded them to Facebook and tagged the friend and his parents(as promised) and then on Sunday his mom thanked me and told me what great pictures they were.  I smiled and told her I was disappointed that they were grainy and wished I had used a different setting.  Etc.  Why?  Why didn't I just say, "Thank you" and be done with it?  Do you do this?  Can you take a compliment or do you dismiss it?

Comments

mormonhermitmom said…
That was one of the hardest things I had to learn. My mom kept telling me, "just say 'thank you' and smile".
Liz Mays said…
I'm terrible about that! I always deflect compliments every time!
Nicole said…
I SUCK at taking compliments :( Wonder why we do that?
Rebecca said…
i totally suck at taking compliment I can give them freely but receiving them not so much
Emmy said…
Yes- so bad at this! Well I am better now than I used to be as Eric always calls me on it and says, just say thank you. So getting better but often slip up still

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead