Monday, March 19, 2012

And Your Point Is...?

You have no power here!

Friday my Twitter account was hacked.  For those of you who follow me, you might have received this message from me:

" Hey. somebody is saying bad stuff about you here"  and then a bogus link followed it.  Well I should have listened to my instinct and texted  my bestie Emmymom--cause she's got my back. She would have told me DON'T click that!!! I also know that Mimi's got my back too, but stupid Verizon didn't save her in my contact list--that's another story.  I digress.  I clicked the link!!!!  GAH!   Well that opened a can a worms and it sent those messages to many of you that follow me!  Well I am glad you checked with me first!!  See that is smart!  I had to change my password twice, and my email plus revoke privileges from Twitter.  It's finally under control.

I just have one question for the hackers.  What is their point?  No private information is available in my account.  I just don't understand it.  What is in it for them personally?

6 comments:

MiMi said...

I know, righ?! What IS their point? Lame.

Amy said...

Hackers are lame. So sorry you had to deal with that. Blah. Headache and a half!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I got 2 of those from you, I think, but I recognized them for what they were and didn't click on them. It's been rampant lately on Twitter and in email!

Nicole said...

I've wondered that myself!

becca said...

I was hacked as well lost my phone Friday and when I got home and logged on i had 50,000 messages telling me something was wrong three password, a changes email and revoking privilages later i think it's under control and like you i want to know what's the point

Emmy said...

Sorry that happened to you- and yes ask me first! I totally have your back