We Want to Know--Jobs!



Photobucket


It's We want to know wednesday with your Fabulous Hosts, Mamarazzi (she's on a break),Queso (she's asking the questions this week) and CRAZYMAMA!  Take a break from the housework and link on up. 

This week Queso want's to know all about your job history. Here are the Questions!
1. what is the worst job you have ever had?
2. have you ever been fired?
3. what would your dream job be?
4. what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
5. how old were you when you got your first job?

1.  What is the worst job you ever had?  Waitress.  That is a brutal job.  People are horrible and do things to screw with the server.  You can run your tail off and be left with a dollar tip or simply be stiffed.  Some service is bad but there is no excuse to be rude.

2.  Have you ever been fired?  Yes and no.  I could not stand my boss at the time.  She was ...a horrible woman.  The Wicked Witch of the West is a fairy princess compared to her.  She berated  me in front of dozens of customers.  I felt about 2 inches tall and the customers were on my side; telling me after she had left that she was way out of line. Instead of giving notice, I simply did not show up for a meeting that was mandatory.  I was engaged to Rich and he was about to go on a two month patrol.  I wanted to spend more time with him than go to her stupid #$$ meeting.  I came back the following day and dropped my smock into her bony old lady hands with a pretty smug look on my face.  I could have cared less.  I said nothing, just held out my hand for my final check. 

3.  Dream job?  Being paid to write...like the DWTS recaps.  Being paid to write period.  I love it.

4.  What did you want to be when you "grew up?"  Two choices:  A teacher...cause I had some cool ones.  And a doctor.  Cause growing up I had the best doc ever!  Now...why didn't that happen?  I am not good with other people's children...especially in great numbers too much noise and chaos from the little ankle biters.  That and germs.  I am not thrilled with germy stuff.  Kids are loaded with them.  And so are sick people.  Ewwww!

5.  How old were you when you got your first job?  Ummmm.... 16 or 17.  I can't remember the year.  That would tell me.  I worked at Target.  I started for the Christmas season and they kept me on.  It was great, money and a discount!  Woot. 

Now it's your turn! 

Comments

Rebecca Dot Com said…
one job i never said i would have is a waitress!! :) i give you credit!!
VandyJ said…
I never waitressed, I worked a snack bar a time or tow and that't the closest I ever came. I don't think I'd have been all that good.
Macey said…
Waitress. I guess I was a sort of waitress once. But more like cook/order taker/ server or something like that. Boo.
Hey. I've been thinking about you a lot...I don't know why but I felt like you should know that I'm thinking about you and I hope everything is okay with you. Is that weird?
Nicole said…
I've been a waitress... you're right, people can be rude, but they can be pretty funny too! And I want to be a writer too!
Emmy said…
I was never a waitress but I was a hostess and saw the things that happened to the waitresses- would not want to do it.
Some people should not be in charge of other people- sounds like your former boss was one of them
mormonhermitmom said…
Worst job? That's a toss up between telemarketing (I felt like I was being trained to be manipulative) and substitute teaching (kids' worst behavior came out and I just had to take it).
I was a waitress, but not for very long, so I'm thinking that was a good thing. My worst job was hand scoring ACT tests. I counted dots ALL DAY LONG!

And I'm certain I had your boss from question #2 at one time. Truly an "amazing" woman.
Liz Mays said…
Target would have been a dangerous job for me to have!!! I would have spent my entire paycheck.

I waitressed through high school and college. In fact, in college I worked the overnight shift. Miserable!

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead