No Longer MIA

I had a very busy and crazy morning.  First was a Mother's Day Tea with my son's kindergarten.  After the tea I had about 15 minutes to get ready for Zumba.  After Zumba, I pick up Ryan from school and then make lunch for us.  And now, finally I am sitting and able to share this little morning of mine with you.

A hat made special just for me


Each child made a special card for their mother.  Inside each is all they know about their moms.  Here is how mine looks.

My mother is very:  "cool"
She is: "23" inches tall
She weighs:  "344" pounds.  What the what!?
She has:  "grayish/greenish" eyes.
She has:  "blond" hair.
The food she likes best is:  "ham and rice."  Well hmmm....okay....I guess.
Her favorite color is:  "red"
My mom is prettiest when:  "It's Thursday and Friday."  all the other days of the week, not so much.
My mom cooks the best:  "pancakes"  I color mine.  That's the big secret.  Your welcome.
I help my mom when:  "I make chocolate chip brownies with her." 
I like it when my mom:   "doesn't yell at me."  WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY THAT!!??
Thank you mom for:  cleaning up with me.  

Now you know all about me!!




Ryan is in the back row, center.  The fact that he even got up there was a big deal.  I was beyond thrilled he participated!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and a grand Mother's Day!  I get to have an early treat tomorrow.  Me and my BFF Emmy are running away going shopping and out to dinner without our children!!!  How will we act??? 

Comments

Emmy said…
As soon as their song started- Lucas was all- that is the number Rock. Apparently they sing it in class too :)

Cute hat. Maybe you should wear it when we go out tomorrow ;)
Cheeseboy said…
That hat is SWEET! First grade teachers love posts like this one. 335 lbs and 22 inches?! That sounds like Danny Devito.

At least he got the color right.
Linda Medrano said…
Happy Mother's Day, Lourie! I love your son's compliments to you. My son wrote me a poem when he was about that age. One line I'll never forget "Your eyes are as blue as the sky". (I have brown eyes.) When I pointed out the questionable eye color, John replied "What what I supposed to say? Your eyes are brown as dirt?" Well, since he put it that way...
Rachel said…
That is just so fun and cute! Enjoy your day with Emmy tomorrow. I'm just a tad jealous! :)
Liz Mays said…
Kids completely crack me up! You're losing weight and he's telling you that you weigh 344 pounds and look good on Thursday and Friday. So funny!
Macey said…
Omagosh, that is ADORABLE!!
You wear that 344 lbs very well. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead