Did You Know?

Did you know that I am horribly behind on my blogging?  Have you heard from me recently?  I foolishly thought I would catch up over this weekend.  What made me think that?  Did I forget it was a holiday weekend?  I don't think so.  I think what I forgot was the fact that I would be on full speed all weekend.  I was.  But I am back and I have a question just like always.

In 1981 a fairytale came to life when Lady Diana married a prince.  I was my Little Middle's age when this happened.  And I watched it.  I remember being spellbound by it all.  The carriage.  The dress.  OMG that dress with that train that went on for miles.  It was like a storybook.  And now mmmmmfffff years later, we are about to see another Royal Wedding.  Perhaps it is my age, perhaps I am just being a grouch.  Whatever the reason is, I am just tired of all the chatter.  The news gets on my nerves.  It's too much.  And it's not just the wedding, it's everything.  The way these talking heads insist on saying the same things about the big news, whatever it may be over and over and over and overkill! 

I am curious to see the dress and all that, but I honestly don't think I will watching the event.  I think I will turn the news on at 11 and see the clips.  I will be happy.  Because let's face it, that is the only thing that will be on that day.  All. Day. Long. I am just thankful for cable, for video on demand and for my DVR.  What about you?  Will you be watching?  Do you care? 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some blogs to read.

Comments

mormonhermitmom said…
Yah....talk about overexposure...
I'll be watching if the queen ever passes on. The woman is looking to be immortal.
Emmy said…
If it was for reading the magazine headlines while in the checkout line I wouldn't even know it was happening, so nope not going to watch
Macey said…
I'll watch hilights later, but I'm not gonna camp on it like a lot of people. :)
Anonymous said…
Meh. I don't really care about it. I'll watch the clips later on to check out her dress and find out where they honeymooned but I'm not getting up at the butt crack of dawn to watch.
Christina Lee said…
It is exciting but I think I'll look for clips too!!!
Aubree said…
just because it's so ridiculously built up, i am curious to see what the dress is. but heck no am i watching the whole thing. i figure a picture of the dress will be a "news story" on yahoo. i don't really get why some people care so much (and would wake up at FOUR AM to see anything!) when it's not even their country.
Nicole said…
I'm not even sure when the wedding is....
Linda Medrano said…
I'm not a big "wedding person". Funny, since I've had a slew of them myself. Still, we'll get clips of the dress over and over and that's plenty for me.
Amy said…
MEh. I am not going to be following it. I am not remotely curious. I have never cared about celebrities. I think it is wonderful for her, and wonderful for him for finding someone who (hopefully) loves him for who he is and not what he is. Good on them. But I have enough going on in my own little world to keep me plenty occupied. :)
Cheeseboy said…
I saw that that stupid wedding coverage begins at 4:30 AM. I didn't even get up that early for my OWN wedding.
Rachel Sue said…
I am a closet fan. I hate to admit it, but it really is like a fairy tale. I want to see the dress! But I think that the clips will suffice.
Forgetfulone said…
I remember all the hype and press coverage. That dress! I can't wait to see Kate's, even tho I probably won't watch all the shows this time around. I bet you remember watching Di's funeral, too, since you were the age, like I was, where you were fascinated with her wedding. Gosh it brings back memories!
ducknme said…
There's going to be a royal wedding? Why wasn't I informed?

No, I'm just kidding. I remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding at a neighbor's house because we didn't have a tv and my Mom HAD to see it. But Ireally didn't care then and I don't much care now. Except I did hear Kate chose *fruit cake* of all things. YUCK!
Liz Mays said…
Like you, I'll just be happy to watch the highlights after that fact!
CB said…
I have to admit I am a fan! I have always been a girl who believes she's a princess and loves the fairytale.
This is the best one yet. These 2 actually love each other!!
I can't wait to watch it :-D

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead