I Have Questions...

After last weeks heavy topic, I thought it would be a good idea to go a little easier this week.  By the way, thank you all for such great comments.  Now I am going to ask some questions of you...don't worry they are mostly painless.  ;)

First question:  How was your Mother's Day?  

Mine was great.  It started with pancakes and hot chocolate made special for me by Kristin, Emily, and Ryan.  I was bestowed with lovely gifts:  The Princess Bride on blu-ray and a snow globe to add to my collection.    I have SIX now.  Soon I will need more space.  At church I got to be a "mystery mommy" during the children's hour.  It was me and two other mommies.  They had us hidden and asked us a series of questions.  We each disguised our voices and fought hard not to die laughing.  It was lots of fun.  I got a 2 hour nap, dinner and dishes done for me.  It was a good day. 

#2.  Are you superstitious?  Do you think things "happen in three's"  (i.e. celebrity deaths, things breaking.)

I try real hard not to live with that thinking.  But it's really hard when three things go wrong real close together:  Water heater, furnace, and now a leaking--like running water leaking--faucet.  It leaks from the handle's base.  *sigh*

#3  Do you yell out at the TV shows?  

I will yell at my shows, tell people how stupid they are thinking they can beat JACK BAUER.  I will throw things (well actually I haven't done that in about 11 years) at the TV.  I guess it is good I don't have a gun.  I might blow it out a' la Elvis.

#4  Aside from blogging what is your escape?  Do you have one?  Do you need one?

I love blogging.  It has opened up a whole new world for me.  But I also have other escapes.  Naps.  I take them mostly when Rich is home.  We switch duty so each of us can have one.  Kristin is now old enough to let me sneak one in now and then.  I don't like to use that too much though.  I watch TV.  And if I like the show I do not yell at it.  If I am watching 24 or Lost chances are I will be yelling. 

Go ahead...answer.  We won't judge.

Photo from Google




 

Comments

Nicole said…
oooo what fun questions! Yesterday we had Chinese Food and some wine with Martins mom for mothers day! I am not extremely superstitious unless it is positive. Like, if I'm getting signs to go somewhere, I'll do that, but I don't care about walking under a ladder. My relaxation is blogging, and on Fridays I window shop with a nice hot chai! or I get a ben and jerry's choc fudge brownie frozen yogurt (mmmm just thinking about it makes me want one!) with a glass of red wine and watch a chick flick!
Jenny said…
Gosh! What fun answers. My Mothers Day was great! Recognized by all kids (including steps) and I also got a two hour nap...perfect!

Not too superstitious. Although sometimes I believe in the order of things happening at certain times. So yea, I guess maybe I am.

Not only do I yell out I sing along. Sigh.

I blog, I write, I walk, I garden...I have a variety of escapes I use because I am definitely an ADD type personality.

And now, speaking of gardening, I am heading out to mine!

Have a wonderful week.
sarah said…
I'm so glad you had a good mothers day!

And I to yell at the TV, usually during shoes like Greys or Wheel of fortune.

I loved your answers!
Sista Laurel said…
Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Well, I guess I would have to say my Mday was busy, had lot's of Mums to visit and all though I was tired as a dog at the end of the day, I was glad I got to visit the important Mothers in my life.

I'm a little on the superstitious side.

I talk to the Tv, movies and myself all the time...lol

Reading is one of my favorite escapes.
Shelley said…
Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! The questioning while hiding thing made me smile :-)
I just went to church (in our new location) and then Michael and my FIL and SIL cooked dinner. We hung out at my in laws and then went to my parents house to make things a little more even :-)

I'm a LITTLE superstitious but not to the point where I totally and fully believe all things superstitious.

I totally do yell at the TV! Sounds like you would be fun to watch 24 with!

Aside from blogging TV is an escape for me too. And maybe the gym or eating.
mormonhermitmom said…
We played it cool this Mother's Day because I got TWO small kitchen appliances for my birthday the week before. Fine by me. My kids kyped three Mother's Day flowers besides the one they gave me in church and they planted them in the front yard.

I'm only slightly superstitious. I won't say things that I won't want to have happen because then they might happen. If they happen anyway, it was just coincidence.

I don't yell at the t.v. I yell at the kids who are watching t.v. instead of picking up their blocks.

I blog. I read and then blog. Or I go somewhere and then blog. I do Cub scouts and I then have to decide whether or not to blog. :)
Laura said…
I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Hmmm I haven't really thought about it much but I think that I might be a little superstitious even though I don't really "believe" in that. Like Friday the 13th, EEK! :)
YES I yell at the TV, not as much as my husband but sometimes I do.
I love blogging too, anything playing on the computer is what I usually do at night to wind down. I am also reading the Bible in 180 days with some friends and that gives me about 30 minutes a day to relax a little.
KK said…
1) My mom gave me a card from Carly and my sister gave me a godmother card from my niece :)
2) Yes, deaths of all kids happen in 3s. It happened last week. I hope this week is better.
3) I always yell at TV.
4) Working out.
Holly Lefevre said…
Mothers Day was OK..I slept in, went strawberry picking, weed whacked my backyard, picked up dog poop...so glamorous.

Superstitious yes...I do not step on cracks and yes things happen in threes (some times in my case that is multiplied by 2)

No...I do not talk to the TV...my Dad used to yell at all cop shows about what they were doing wrong...drove me nuts.

Blogging is my escape, but I need another one...carpal tunnel...and a big butt.
Christina Lee said…
haha--love this one:" I will yell at my shows, tell people how stupid they are thinking they can beat JACK BAUER."
yep me too. BUT for th finale of
24, I hope jack finally goes DOWN (is that mean to say?)
See Mom Smile said…
Great mother's day. I finally blogged about it today. I yelled at the Amazing Race on Sunday night. I wanted the Cowboys to win. I am not superstitious. Unless the moment calls for it. I also love Girls Night out and reality TV to relax

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead