At the end of each month, Emmy at Emmy Mom--One Day at a time answers this very question with ten simple answers. She doesn't list things that are on the grand scale--like winning the lottery. She lists things like warm weather, flowers, and being able to clear a clogged drain.
Now Emmy is asking us to play along with her. Well, some of my happiness are big things, but I can't help it.
1. A new dishwasher. After 4 months of dishpan hands, this is a most awesome treat and definitely is something to smile about.
2. A new laptop. My poor machine. It was 4 + years old, missing keys, some keys simply didn't work, took it about 5-10 minutes to completely boot up. No joke, I could eat breakfast while it warmed up. So a brand new laptop sure is something to smile about
3. A haircut for me. I love it when I get a haircut. We don't get those very often do we?
4. White Diamonds perfume. It's one of my favorites for two reasons: it reminds me of my Grandmother and I happen to like the fragrance.
5. Blog Awards! I admit it. I love it when I get them. And yes they make me smile.
6. Funny things my kids say to me. Just the other day, Ryan informed me that "dudes do not like pink." and "4 year olds, don't like macaroni and cheese."
7. I am not sure how I feel about this one, but...my daughter went to the mall during spring break with a friend from church. Just them on their own. It means she is growing up. I am giving her wings so she can fly. It makes me smile, but with a few tears.