Chicken And Rice

Do you get bored of cooking? I do. It's always the same old thing. Don't get me wrong, my kids will boast that I am the best cook in the world. Well I don't know about that. I might be willing to take being the best cook in this house. haha. Sometimes we just want something that is easy and tasty. Well here is a family favorite that is just that. I got this recipe from a good friend of mine.

chicken pieces--you can use all breasts, all thighs, or whatever your family will eat.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 cups of rice
3/4 to 1 cup of water
Seasoning salt
Paprika

In a casserole dish, spray with vegetable oil and then add the soups, rice and water. Mix together. Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with spices. Cover and cook at 375 for 90 minutes. Serve with your favorite vegetable. I usually serve corn.

Viola! Easy dinner. For us a crowd pleaser.

Comments

Emmy said…
Yes, we often have a very similar variation of that dinner, it is so easy. Just have to have the oven on for a while, but luckily it has been so nice this week!
Rachel Sue said…
That does look easy. But it will have to wait for winter. I can't stand to leave the oven on for 90 minutes when it's this hot.
silfert said…
Chicken is my pal. Pieces in a dish, pour a can of cream-type soup or barbecue sauce over them, top with foil. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and give 'em another 15 at 375.

I'll have to try yours this week...

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead