Dinner and Entertainment



Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. I love feeding them. They spend every waking hour serving the Lord, so this is my chance to serve them. We had a turkey dinner. Homemade roles. Homemade gravy. The house smelled so good. It was like Thanksgiving. All that was missing was the Macy's parade! Dinner was going along smoothly when suddenly someone let some gas slip. Of course it was Ryan. Who else at that table would so freely let that happen? At first it was quiet, then the giggles began. One of the missionaries asked Ryan if he "fluffed". Now I know Ryan has no clue what that is, but they don't. So what does my little boy wonder say to that? "No! I farted!" Everyone erupted in laughter. It took a while to come back from that. We did finally recover and Ryan asked if he could "get down" which means "be excused." I told him he could despite that fact that all he ate was rolls and veggies. I guess I should be happy about the veggies!

A few minutes later, amongst the chatter at the table, I could Ryan calling me. He needed me for something. But for what? I simply couldn't hear him above the noise of the conversations going on around me. I decided if he really needed me, he would come and get me. I was right. Not even two minutes later, Ryan came into the living room with his pants around his ankles. He had gone potty! I quickly remedied the situation and we all had a good laugh. Who knew there would be live entertainment!? But when you have a 3 year old, that is a constant!

Comments

Emmy said…
Lol! Sounds like you, or should I say, Ryan made the missionaries day :)
Lourie said…
Indeed. Suffice it to say, it was meal they won't soon forget.
silfert said…
Imagine if politicians could be so forthcoming and entertaining... :D

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead