I'm Fierce

Fierce?

If you don't have a teenager then let me enlighten you that taking a selfie with your fingers poised just so stands for "fierce."  Make me laugh....OUT LOUD!  First of all do they even know the definition of the word itself...here's a couple for your reading pleasure.

1.  menacingly wild, savage, or hostile: fierce animals; a fierce look.

2.  violent in forceintensity, etc.: fierce winds.

Do they really believe they are these things?  Do they think they are conveying this message?  They don't know fierce.  I would like to line them up and smack them ask them if they ever cleaned up someone else's barf, been peed on, cleaned up poop or wiped a booger off their arm that wasn't theirs.  That's fierce right there.  Have they ever gone to head to head with another parent defending their young?  That can get ugly.  Still, I think the most fiercesome thing I came up with besides the gross stuff and turning into a Mama Bear, was this:  Would they lay down their life for someone else?  My guess is no.  I do not even have to hesitate when asked that one.  It's a done deal.  My life for theirs.  That is what fierce means.  I will be menacing and wild if you put my child in any danger.  Do not tangle with any mother.  I am also a violent force of intensity if you cross me; especially when it comes to my kids.  I do not shield them from the world at large, but I will fight anyone who hurts them.  I submit then, that these kids do not know what fierce truly means.  One day they surely will, but for a certainty, it is not that pose.

What is fierce to you?



Comments

mormonhermitmom said…
Absolutely! You sing it!

Fierce for me is the headache brought on by bickering kids. Oooooh, can't stand those!

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead