Proud Mommy Moments: Look, Mom...

Ryan got a new bike earlier this month.  We used our tax return.  He was chomping at the bit to get it.  We looked online at several different styles.  He got a Mongoose.  It even has pegs on the front wheels for stunts--that he will not be doing!  It's a cool bike.   Funny thing, stunt pegs and all, it had training wheels.  He was riding it all over the place.  And from about the third or fourth day, he wanted them off.  We put it off.  It rained.  We put it off more.  He got sick.  We put it off.  I got siiiiiiiick.  And finally, Rich took those training wheels off. 

We thought we would be spending the afternoon taking turns helping him balance.  And the night fighting over the corn bag.  But that simply wasn't the case.  Rich said it took longer to find the right size socket wrench than it did for Ryan to take off and ride.  He just did it.  So yep, like any true parent and blogger, I grabbed my phone and made a quick video!


He blew us all away that day.  So I guess it wasn't just me who was proud.  Do you have a proud moment?  Link up with EmmyMom and KMama!







Comments

Trina said…
Great job for his first try with no training wheels. Looked pretty proud of himself too, cute.

I too posted a Mommy Moment- My kid is an orphan. Feel free to read it.
Emmy said…
That is so so awesome! Seriously crazy good just out the bat like that. We still haven't had a chance to try with Lucas since seeing this video.
Rachel said…
Very cool! Maybe this will inspire my kiddo!
Urban Earthworm said…
Such a milestone! I remember when we took Punky's training wheels off. It feels like a million years ago.
Nicole said…
Darn, I can't see the video at work, I mean b/c it's not like I'm trying to read blogs at work! :). But how awesome!!!
Anonymous said…
How awesome! It takes me back - and now I miss bike riding!!
Kmama said…
That is awesome! Doesn't it just amaze you how they can sometimes just "get it" right away?

Thanks for linking up!

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead